Senior PHP Devops
We are hiring a Senior PHP Devops Engineer to join our Technology department at InfoPay. This position will report to our CTO as second in command and will provide senior leadership over all things technology. This includes overseeing technology best practices, organizational IT, system administration, and hands-on development. A passion for cybersecurity (SOC2/PCI) is a huge plus!
This role will be responsible for assisting the CTO in all manners of technical team operations and management. Infopay is a rapidly growing company and the sky’s not the limit when it comes to future growth opportunities for the right candidate in this role.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for being proactive on initiatives such as: Keeping tabs on high-value projects, understanding how the business makes money, is a part of trimming the fat (unused technology, servers, etc…), creative ideas on expanding the business, making sure all aspects of the tech team’s work is valuable and scalable
- Must be able uphold the rules and understand Agile & Scrum (training included)
- Must be communicative and transparent to the entire team especially upper management
- You will be working closely and assisting the CTO
- Help hold the team members responsible in moving tasks forward with high quality
- Help keep multiple balls rolling (multi-tasking on different subjects)
- Help to support the tech team in building best practices and moving forward
- Help to understand each team member’s needs and to positively grow each individual
- Ability to help coach the team
- Must be able to switch gears from a Senior Developer Role to a Senior Ops Role; managing Amazon, Linux systems, creating new services, etc…
- Must be able to know the latest technology trends and best-case scenarios to use new technologies
- Most importantly, must maintain a positive and team-working atmosphere!
The right candidate will be a strategic thinker, collaborative partner, and strong personnel manager. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be vital for this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the desire to move into a leadership role
- High level of personal integrity
- Agile (preferably Scrum) experience
- 7+ years of experience with PHP, Linux, Ubuntu, System Admin
- Excellent skills in object-oriented PHP environment
- Ability to multitask in a meaningful way and prioritize demands
- Strong analytical skills