Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assists tremendously in the product life cycle, specifically in the QA portion of the cycle.
- Understands code changes and scope that may have ramifications
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve the efficiency of the life cycle of products and tasks.
- Understands the translation of backend logic to frontend user experience.
- Thinks outside the box on core and seemingly inconsequential code changes.
- Works closely with software developers to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans, and coordinates testing activities.
- Develops and applies testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaises with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Performs thorough code review.
- Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- 2+ years of experience within the QA field.
- 2+ years of experience reviewing code.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Firm understanding of programming logic and languages, especially PHP.
- Can look at multiple unrelated products/tasks at once.
- Detail oriented with an understanding of scope, scope creep, and ramifications of core code changes.
- Familiarity with customer interaction and experience due to code changes (backend or frontend).
- Strong knowledge of QA techniques, methodologies, testing tools, and process
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to do manual testing across multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, desktop), operating system (Windows, OSX) and browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge, IE).